Thursday, March 28, 2024

One day turn and burn to Utah

 

So my friend Doana (on the left) is from my childhood. Her and I grew up with each other for years. Probably the first 15 years, almost, of my life. She was a huge part of my life. She was such a good influence on me and was an amazing person. But when I moved to CCNZ I basically didn’t see her again. 
Fast forward about 30 years and she contacted me on Facebook and said she was coming into town with her husband for a big work trip. They’d traveled to different places and one was Utah. She asked me if Boise was close and I told her sort of. It was right in the thick of mtb races and Yukis bday but I really wanted to see her. So Monday morning, super early, I drove to see her. 
Turns out she’s good friends with Tia, who I also know from CCNZ and my mission. We lived in the same dorms and we served in the same mission. So it was a wonderful opportunity to see her as well since I hadn’t seen her since the mission. 
I got to spend about five hours with them. We caught up and did a little shopping and eating together and shared a really special day with each other. I loved catching up and hearing about things that had happened in both their lives. It was worth the trip. I then turned around and came home around 10pm. Long day, but a great one. 

No comments:

kiwiandaneagle.blogspot.com